Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Prince(ss)

I'm so sick of Brett Favre. It would appear the Green Bay Packers are sick of him as well...though the fans don't seem to be. At the end of the previous four seasons, Favre would lead the organization along while he painstakingly "considered" retirement. Then, after this past season, he finally does the classy thing and makes his announcement in a timely fashion...only to back out of that decision right before training camp. Meanwhile the Pack had moved on. So what do the Packers do? New president Mark Murphy flies down to Mississippi to bribe Favre into staying retired with $20 million. And considering Favre has been so hellbent on being reinstated by the league, he's actually mulling the Pack's offer over! What gives? I thought he wanted back? The Packers originally had no intention of trading him to Vikings (which is were he wants to go) but are now considering that option if he rejects their bribe. I actually used to like Favre but that's been about 7-8 years ago. I'm tired of this guy! What are your thoughts?

1 comment:

Buschfest said...

I am ready for this guy to go away too. I am tired of hearing about him...