Friday, August 29, 2008

Fantasy Football pt 2

I had my not-so-free league draft last night and I feel pretty good about my team. In fact, I feel better about this team than the team I drafted in my free league...which wasn't the case last year. I changed my draft strategy this year and also had a different number in the draft order which made it interesting. In the past, I usually had a pick right in the middle of the order, like 5 or 6 out of 10 and would always draft 2 RB's with my first two picks. This year, I had pick 9 and being that we use the snake method of drafting which goes backwards in the next round, I also had pick 12. So I was able to pick 2 players in a very short time but would then have to wait awhile for my next two picks. I think I prefer being pick 9 over pick 5 or 6. My strategy this year was to draft either a WR or QB first, then a RB second. Because RB's aren't getting the kind of numbers they used to, I'm putting less emphasis on them this year. Anyway, here is the team I drafted:

QB- Peyton Manning- I drafted Peyton first. This is the best qb I've ever drafted in this league.
RB- Marion Barber- Not big on yardage, but big on TD's.
RB- Laurence Maroney- The Patriots are going to balance out their offense more this year.
WR- Plaxico Burress- Go to guy for Eli Manning. Always puts up big.
WR- Brandon Marshall- Can't use him the first game, but after that, he's Cutler's go to guy.
TE- Kellen Winslow- Great TE option in high powered Cleveland offense.
DEF- Seahawks- Great for sacks and TO's. Lots of speed. Having a consistent offense helps too.
K- Phil Dawson- Browns kicker
Bench:
QB- Marc Bulger- Still has weapons to throw to and O-line should be healthier this year. I only need him for one game.
RB- Kevin Smith- Rookie out of UCF. Never trust a rookie WR, but you can trust rookie RB's.
RB- DeAngelo Williams- Will split time on a run first offense.
WR- Calvin Johnson- Remember this guy at Georgia Tech? He's a 2nd year player now and should put up big.
WR- Anthony Gonzalez- 3rd receiver on Colts. If Marvin Harrison goes down, he's a starter.
TE- Alge Crumpler- Will improve the Titans red zone scoring problems

No comments: