Saturday, November 22, 2008

Thoughts on Saturday's games...

- I was hoping Oklahoma would beat Texas Tech. I wasn't sure they would...but wow! 65-21? Are you kidding? I wanted OU to win to add confusion to the BCS picture. Who wins the Big 12 South? Texas, TT, and OU all beat each other and they each have one loss! Obviously, there is one week to go...Texas has A&M, Tech has Baylor and OU has Oklahoma St. Unless a couple of these teams get upset next week, it should be interesting hashing this out. Although, Oklahoma St. could upset OU and A&M has been known to pull the upset on UT a time or two. At this point, Oklahoma looks like the best one-loss team in the country.

- I've been watching the OSU/Michigan rivalry for 13 years. I've never seen the Buckeyes put that much of a drubbing on Michigan. I saw Michigan do it to Ohio St. a couple of times in the late 90's. This is the first time OSU has won 5 in a row in this storied rivalry. Michigan still has the all-time edge, but Ohio St. is catching up. Ohio St. is losing a lot of starters next year and Rich Rodriguez will start really recruiting in Michigan. I look for it to even out more next year. Ohio St. will most likely play in the Capital One Bowl against an SEC team, probably Georgia.

- I didn't get the memo that Tennessee would beat Vandy today! Did anyone else get this memo? Now I suppose they'll beat Kentucky next week?

- What's up the ACC??? Nobody wants to win that conference! Clemson beats Virginia, NC State massacres North Carolina. Wake loses to BC. Florida St. may be the team to beat.

- If USC somehow manages to get into the BCS championship, Oregon St. will most likely end up in the Rose Bowl against Penn St.

- Congrats to Utah to most likely getting into a BCS bowl for the second time in 4 years. I see them most likely in the Fiesta Bowl against a Big 12 team, Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, take your pick. What a disappointment for BYU! The BYU fans must be crushed! Weeping & wailing! Gnashing of teeth! Boise St. was probably disappointed as well.

- I'm glad Houston Nutt is still in the SEC and coaching Ole Miss! I wish Tennessee would've fired Fulmer a year ago, so the Vols could've hired him! He is one of my favorite coaches.

- I've got Florida and either USC/one of the 3 from the Big 12 South in the BCS Championship. Penn St. vs. USC/Oregon St. in the Rose Bowl. One of the 3 from the Big 12 South vs. Utah in the Fiesta Bowl. Cincinnati vs. Florida St. in the Orange Bowl....snoozer. For the Sugar Bowl, I've got Alabama vs. one of the 3 from the Big 12 South or dare I say it...Boise St? Two BCS busters??? Would we want another WAC/SEC matchup in the Sugar Bowl after last years debacle between Georgia and Hawaii? Stay tuned...

No comments: