Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thoughts on the College scenario

Well, we are all doing what the BCS folks want us to do, talking about the jacked up BCS! Seriously! That is one of their arguments in favor of the current system! It's so screwed up we are all talking about it, so it must be good! There is not a single coherent, well thought out argument that can be made in favor of the current system in college football. I once heard Lee Corso argue in favor of the BCS by basically stating that the men in control want it this way, so we are going to have to deal with it! Great! It's settled! Now with that being said...

- I can't argue with Oklahoma potentially being in the championship game. They are a great team, I cannot see Mizzou beating them this week and I do think a team from that Big 12 South deserves to be there. Do I think Texas Tech and Texas deserve it just as much? Absolutely. How do you figure out a three way tie?

- The real national championship is this weekend in Atlanta between Alabama and Florida. I think Florida wins, and Bama gets the Sugar Bowl. I feel sorry for the other team that gets invited to the Sugar Bowl! I could also see Bama beating Florida...don't be surprised.

- Virginia Tech beats Boston College in the most meaningless conference championship. No team from the Big East or ACC deserve to be in a BCS bowl. I hope they just pit V Tech/BC and Cincinnati against each other in the Orange Bowl.

- USC blows boring Penn St. out of the water in the Rose Bowl.

- I see Ohio St. getting an at-large bid, either the Fiesta Bowl against Utah or the Sugar Bowl against Florida/Alabama.

No comments: