Saturday, October 25, 2008

Thoughts on Saturday...

-Tennessee played Bama tight in the first half...but when your offense is so horrible it's hard for any defense to stay motivated into the second half. Auburn has the same problem. This should be the final nail in the coffin for Fulmer.

-The two top ranked teams in the country are not the two best teams in the country. Florida and USC are the two best.

-Texas may be in trouble next week at Lubbock. The Horns defense will be the key because the Texas offense can definitely score on Tech's defense.

-I said that LSU's qb's would be the key to the game against Georgia and that turned out to be true. Jarrett Lee in particular throwing two picks that went for TD's ended up being the difference in a surprisingly high scoring game. I still think Georgia is a little overrated.

- I also said that if Penn St. forced Ohio St. to beat them with Terrelle Pryor's arm, the Buckeyes would be in trouble...I rest my case. I also said it would be low scoring. Beanie was held in check and Pryor's costly fumble in the 4th cost them the game. OSU's defense played well enough to win but Penn St. was damn near flawless on defense. The Nittany Lions in general did not make mistakes. Penn St. may be playing in the BCS Championship in January!

- Who is going to win the ACC? What about the Big East? I have no clue at this point! Virginia has made quite the turnaround and FSU is flying under the radar. Meanwhile all the Big East teams do is knock each other out of contention.

- BYU giving up 35 to UNLV? Not good if you expect to beat Utah this year! Where did TCU find it's offense? The night they faced BYU's defense! I believe the Mountain West is good enough of a conference that it should be included in the BCS. How is the ACC, Big East or Pac 10 better than the Mountain West at this point? I don't think any of the other mid-majors are at that level, but I do believe the Mountain West is.

No comments: