Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Random thoughts on the NFL

- If Al Davis fires Lane Kiffin, who will he replace him with? Who would want that job? Seriously? I think he would promote Rob Ryan, the defensive coordinator.

- Sean Payton is crying about a no call neutral zone infraction at the end of the Broncos game. Granted, it was a missed call, but the Saints 1)could not gain a yard and 2) could not make a field goal. Try playing some defense next time. By the way, I don't think the Broncos defense is quite that bad...they've played two really high powered offenses the last 2 weeks.

- The Browns really aren't that bad of a team, they're just poorly coached. Plus, Derek Anderson's deal with the devil seems to have expired. Ditto for Marc Bulger and Jon Kitna.

- I'm glad the Chargers finally won a game, I'm sick of hearing their whinning!

- I'm impressed with Aaron Rodgers. Because he played his college ball for Jeff Tedford, I really thought he'd stink up the place.

- Looks like Matt Ryan is the real deal. Not many rookie qb's play like he has so far. Reminds one of Peyton Manning as a rookie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am not so sure that the Broncos defense is any good. They may have played two premier offenses but there ability to stop anything isn't showing up accept for the goal line stand against the Saints.
Cory